Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cuba - Postcards

Just a short one this time to catch up (I know I've said that before but I do mean it).

Postcards - I did send them, but as usual I left it to the very last minute.  In all I think I got about six or seven out, hastily written to family and friends in a post office on my last day.  I had one postcard which displayed a close up of Fidel Castro that I had bought with a book earlier in the week but other than that I had nothing.  So after getting my rickshaw driver to carry me to several shops where we hoped we would find decent postcards, none of which I found to be much good, he carried me to the post office, where the lady at the desk showed me the postcards she had, which were sadly not very representative of the scenery or culture of the country. In fact they were crap, but they were the only options available to me at that stage, so I went for it.

It is two months since our return from Cuba, and none of my family here have received the cards that I posted.  No sign of the one I sent to work either.  Interestingly only one card made it, the one of Fidel, which arrived at my friend's house a few weeks ago.

Coincidence?  Or conspiracy.  Maybe they just looked at the rest of the cards and were afraid that the recipients would take one look at them and think the place was a complete kip.  They were really, really poor postcards.
The postcard that made it

No comments:

Post a Comment