Monday, May 28, 2012

Saying Goodbye - Start Spreadin' the News

This'll only be a short one, which I realise is slightly anticlimactic (don't know what you were expecting), but I'm packing for the next adventure so it's the best I can do at the moment I'm afraid.  More to come.

When I decided to set up an event for leaving Facebook it was not intended as an attention seeking exercise - at least not consciously, but perhaps it has reflected some subconscious issues that I will need to deal with later - but I have enjoyed hearing from all of you, especially those of you that I hadn't had any contact with in ages, and it's been nice taking over a lot of your newsfeeds for the last few weeks, but I'm going to release them to you once again.

I'm going to leave the page open until midnight tonight because I've been getting a lot of last minute messages from people giving me alternate contact details - thanks to everyone that has been on to me so far, and to those that have said that they're attending this event, and thus possibly been plagued by notifications.  Not sure if the people who declined the invite did so to take their stand with Facebook, didn't really like me (not really entertaining that notion), or just didn't understand what the whole thing was about.

Not expecting a mass migration from Facebook as result of my leaving (although if I have inspired you to delete or suspend your account, please let me know) but if people start to think a bit about their use of Facebook and their privacy settings I don't think it will be in vain.

Hopefully see you guys in the real world.

As for me, I'm off to Greece tomorrow more on this in the next post.  Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment