Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Year, with all the new goals that go with it - Step one

Only going to write a quick one today, because I have work in a bit, but I'm already a day behind in my resolution to write at least one blog a week.  I will try harder in future.

Anyway, my goal for 2012 is an overall improvement of myself.  In general.  Now I know what you're thinking, and yes, I did have to spend quite a bit of time in a very critical analysis of my life and personality, but eventually I did manage to isolate and identify some minor flaws which I won't bore you by listing.  Sufficed to say that I'll have plenty to keep me going for the next year, or at least until the world ceases to exist in December.

One of the first steps that will be taken to make me a better person will be to learn some sort of self defence.  My old skill of being able to run faster than most would-be aggressors (or, at the very least, other potential victims, which works just effectively) has suffered since breaking my leg, so while I work on my sprinting, I think being able to suppress any attack would be beneficial.  Not that I have a tendency to attract violence, but it's still good to know.

The only problem is that any other time I've taken self defence classes, I have started off enthusiastically, but very quickly lost interest.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm not instantly a kung fu master,  I don't like doing the same routines, or because I don't enjoy being paired up and thrown around by a sweaty man.  It's probably a mixture of all of these but it's something that I'm going to try to get over when I start Krav Maga tomorrow.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment